Disposal of Pesticides
All pesticide waste must be disposed of in accordance with all applicable regulations. The Department of Environmental Health and Safety has established procedures for the disposal of hazardous chemical wastes. Please consult with EH&S for disposal assistance at 255-8200.
There are three types of pesticide spills; incidental release, a release with special circumstance and an emergency response release. For more information regarding spill response and cleanup procedures, see the links below, or contact the Pesticide Program (255-0485, firstname.lastname@example.org). You may also contact Environmental Health & Safety (255-8200) or the Environmental Compliance Office (255-5322).
- Handling Pesticide Spills (PDF)
- Recommendations for Pesticide Spill Kit Contents (PDF)
- Pesticide Spill Pocket Guide (PDF) Ithaca Geneva
- Recommendations- Spill Kit Integrity Verification (PDF)
- Appendix B (Materials which may not be stored in CALS pesticide storage facilities, PDF)
- Fall Pesticide Cleanup Checklist (PDF)
- Maintenance Responsibilities for Cornell's Pesticide Storage Facilities (PDF)
- Management of Dilute Pesticide Rinsewaters (PDF)
- Minimizing Off-Target Pesticide Contamination (PDF)
- Pesticide Shelf Life (external link)