Greenhouse Equipment Use
A variety of types of equipment, including autoclaves and soil mixers, are used in Cornell greenhouses. Training in safe operation and proper maintenance of this equipment ensures its continued availability for use and protects the safety of those using it.
- More information can be found in the Best Management Practices document
- Best Management Practices for Greenhouse Equipment Use and Safety [PDF]
- Boyce Thompson Institute Soil Mixer Safety Procedures [PDF]
- Boyce Thompson Institute Greenhouse Autoclave Training [PDF]
- Boyce Thompson Institute Equipment Use Safety Signage
- Greenhouse Equipment Maintenance Checklist [PDF]
Preventive maintenance minimizes factors that cause deterioration. Timely repair of small problems prevents them from becoming larger issues, and minimizes algae growth and other pest problems.
More information can be found in the Best Management Practices
Renovation and New Construction